Calendar and Events
NOTICE: Monthly meetings have moved to SATURDAYS
All MonthlyMeetings are Hybrid.
See the Lantern for details on Zoom meetings
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 situation, the following schedule changes are in effect:
- Monthly meetings will be HYBRID - online via Zoom and in-person meetings.
- Operations nights are up to the individual host.
NOTE: Monthly meetings are now on SATURDAYS.
Why? The Lexington libraries are closed on Sundays.
- 5/18-5/22/2022: Indy Junction 2022
- NMRA Tri-Region Convention
- Details: https://www.indyjunction2022.org/
- 6/4/22 1:30-3:30pm Monthly Meeting
- Location: Library TBD + Zoom
- Clinic: Update on Rich Murphy's Layout Construction by Rich Murphy
- Monthly Modeling: Anything associated with 3D Printing
- NOTE: No monthly meetings in July or August. Monthly meetings will resume (as usual) in September
- 9/10-9/11/22 Ravenna Train Show (T-TRAK Display)
- 11/12/22 Louisville Train Show (T-TRAK Display)
- 12/10/22 Trains Day at the VA (T-TRAK Display)
Meetings and Events
Monthly meetings are (usually) the 1st Sunday of each month at 1:30pm with Division business, a Clinic (or two), a Bring & Brag, and discussion. After most meetings we have a tour of a member's layout. Details and locations for meetings are published in the Lantern and on this page.
For privacy reasons, locations of member layout tours are not published on the website, but will be available in the Lantern and announced at the meeting.
Weekly Trains Night
Each week we have an informal gathering at a member's layout to help with projects, discuss model railroading, and enjoy some snacks. Occasionally a member will put on a mini-clinic, but the atmosphere is centered around socializing and layout construction.
Trains night is a Division members only event.
Several members host monthly or quarterly operating sessions at their home layouts. Some have limited attendance due to layout capacity. Operating sessions are listed on the Division calendar but are private events. Contact the session host for more information.
Throughout the year, the division sponsors other events such as summer picnics, Trains Day at the library, the Regional and National NMRA conventions, road trips to distant operating sessions, or participation in other railroad or model-related events nearby. Watch the calendar for more details!
3080 Fieldstone Way, Lexington, KY
3000 Blake James Dr., Lexington, KY
Tates Creek Library
3628 Walden Drive, Lexington, KY
Scott County Library
104 S Bradford Ln, Georgetown, KY
Bring & Brag
An opportunity to share our modeling and photography. At each meeting we have a theme, and members bring their models or photographs to share with the group. The group then votes for who gets "bragging rights."
In 2015 Division 10 hosted the NMRA Mid-Central Regional Convention in Lexington, KY. Click the logo to the right to see the Convention website, including clinic presentations, tour information, and more!